Enjoy some of our favorite Dixie Fry Original Coating Mix recipes.
You’ll soon find that Dixie Fry will be a key ingredient in your
favorite meals because it can be used for frying or baking.
OVEN-FRIED ONION RINGS
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 cups Dixie Fry Mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 2 large yellow onions cut into 24 rings
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 450° F. Place 1-1/2 cups Dixie Fry Mix in shallow baking dish. Beat egg and buttermilk together in bowl. Whisk remaining 1/2 cup Dixie Fry Mix into buttermilk mixture.
- Working one at a time, dredge each onion ring in Dixie Fry Mix, shaking off excess. Dip rings in buttermilk mixture, allowing excess to drip back into bowl, then drop into Dixie Fry Mix, turning rings to coat evenly. Transfer coated rings to large plate or tray.
- Pour 3 tbsp oil onto rimmed baking sheet. Place baking sheets in oven and heat until just smoking, about 8 minutes. Carefully tilt heated sheets to coat evenly with oil, then arrange onion rings on sheets. Baking, flipping onion rings and switching and rotating position of baking sheets halfway through baking, until golden brown on both sides, about 15 minutes.
DIXIE FRY CHICKEN, PORK CHOPS & FISH
- Dixie Fry Mix into medium plastic bag
- Chicken, Pork or Seafood with water (or whipped egg mixture)
- 1 or 2 pieces at a time (or coat by rolling in pan)
- Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in skillet. Cook over medium low heat, uncovered, until golden and cooked through, turning occasionally. COOKING TIMES: Chicken parts with skin and bone, 40 minutes; Boneless, skinless Chicken Breast, 20 minutes; Pork Chops, 15 minutes; Fish Fillet, 5-7 minutes.
“NO OIL" BAKE
- Use baking pan. Spray no-fat cooking spray on pan. Bake, uncovered, until golden and cooked through, turning once. BAKING TIMES: (at 400° F) Chicken parts with skin and bone, 45-50 minutes; Boneless, skinless Chicken Breast, 20 minutes; Pork Chops, 40 minutes; Fish Fillet, 5-7 minutes.
DIXIE FRIED SHRIMP
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Hot Sauce
- 2 lbs medium Shrimp (peeled and de-veined with tails left on)
- 2 cups Dixie Fry Mix
- 3 tablespoons Salt
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking tray with paper towels and set aside. In a shallow baking dish, whisk together milk, buttermilk and hot sauce. In a separate shallow baking dish, add Dixie Fry Mix. Make sure your shrimp are dry and dredge in the Dixie Fry mixture first, then wet mixture and finally the Dixie Fry mixture again. Shake off excess between each dredging.
- Deep-fry in batches, but do not overload the fryer. Fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on the paper towel lined baking tray. Serve warm.
DIXIE FRY FISH FINGERS
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1 lb Fish Fillets
- 1 Packet Dixie Fry Coating Mix (Seasoned Fish Fry or Original)
- 2 Eggs beaten with 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Lemons, halved
- Tartar Sauce or Cocktail Sauce
- Preheat the oil in a large cast iron or heavy bottomed pot, over medium heat. Cut the fillets, horizontally into strips, 1/2” thick. Season the fish with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, pour 1 packet of Dixie Fry (Seasoned Fish Fry or Original). Dredge each piece in the egg wash, let the excess drip off. Dredge the fish for a second time in the Dixie Fry, coating completely. Fry the fish in batches until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the fish with lemon halves and tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
FRIED PICKLES – DIXIE STYLE
- 1 quart Sliced Dill Pickles (spears or chips)
- 1 packet Dixie Fry Coating Mix
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco (if heat is desired)
- Vegetable Oil
- In a bowl, combine 2 eggs, milk and Tabasco (optional); stirring well. Set aside. In a separate bowl, empty a packet of Dixie Fry Coating Mix.
- Dip drained pickles into egg mixture and dredge in Dixie Fry Coating Mix. Deep fry at 350° F until golden brown. Drain. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing.
SOUTHERN FRIED CATFISH
- 8 Catfish Fillets, skin removed (5-6 oz)
- 1 Packet of Dixie Fry Coating Mix (Seasoned Fish Fry or Original)
- Oil for frying
- Heat a fryer or a deep pot halfway filled with oil to 350° F.
- In a separate bowl, pour Dixie Fry Coating Mix (Seasoned Fish Fry or Original).
- Dredge the catfish in the Dixie Fry and place in fryer. Deep fry for approximately 7 to 8 minutes until done.
- Drain on paper towels.
BAKED CHICKEN FINGERS
- 1-1/4 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts room temperature
- 1 Packet of Dixie Fry Coating Mix Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Lowfat Buttermilk or 2 Eggs
- Honey-Mustard Sauce, BBQ Sauce, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400°E Combine the chicken and buttermilk or egg wash (your choice) in a shallow dish.
- Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Pour Dixie Fry Coating Mix onto a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the Dixie Fry to fully coat and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Leave the chicken on the baking sheet to cool slightly.
Please share a Dixie Fry Coating Mix recipe from your own kitchen.
Then check back often for new meal ideas.
Simply email us or fill out the following information.